Monday, January 2, 2012

#2 Croydon, England

Whew! 10.9 miles down! 945.7 to go!!! I got into Croydon last night. You'll be happy to know during the jog from London I lost 1.25 inches and 1.4 pounds! It took me 4 days.

First stop... pizza! I was hungry! I found the cutest little pizza shop. See?

Then I went for a little stroll through the park and found this sweeeet victorian water tower!!! American water towers are SUPER boring. We should protest. They should all be as cool as this. It's 75 feet in diameter and was built in 1867. I love old buildings!

While strolling through the park I also met this kind English gent.

Turns out his name was Dan Stevens. He was born in Croydon AND he just so happens to play Edward Ferrars in the movie Sense & Sensibility (I love that book, I'm a sucker for Jane Austen!!!)

 He decided to show me the sights of his hometown.

 15th century church (sweet eh?)

 Croydon clocktower. We arrived exactly at noon. ; )
Along with having an awesome non-boring water tower, each city should also have a cool clock tower like this. Who makes the rules here? I need to write some letters... : )

I stayed at Croydon Hall that night. It was lovely at peaceful...

 My room was teeny, but clean, and it sufficed for a good nights rest before I continued my journey south.

Onward to Edenbridge, England!!! 13.9 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment